There are so many amazing resources for writers out there! I cannot take credit for these but I can direct you to them!
The Society for Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators is an amazing resource. In addition to connecting you with other creators in your area via Regions and Local Chapters, they share important information and opportunities through their newsletter and through The Book.
- Recurring Events & Opportunities
- NFFest (Non-Fiction Fest)
- The Business of Writing
- Tara Lazar’s handy Picture Book Layout Guide
- Lara D. Elliott’s amazing color-coded spreadsheet for tracking Queries
- Hannah Holt‘s blog entry on “How to Make a Living as a Children’s Author”
- Hannah Holt’s blog entry on “Writing Picture Books: A Look at the Numbers” (this is the first in a three part series. She also has one on YA and MG numbers)
Books to Read:
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway — Earl Nightingale